At Marley Pipe Systems (PTY) Ltd, our commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment is at the heart of everything we do – it is our topmost priority and remains at the forefront of our mandate for excellence. Our SHE policy statement forms an integral part of our operations, and outlines Marley’s objectives to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and without risk to the health of all employees as well as to responsibly manage the impact that we have on the environment.
In fulfilling this commitment, we aim to abide by the following principles in recognition of our responsibilities toward health, safety and environmental practices:
- Provide and maintain a healthy and safe work environment as indicated by acceptable organisation practices and in compliance with legislative requirements
- Eliminate foreseeable hazards that may result in personal injuries, work-related illness, security losses and damages to property
- Prevent environmental pollution and conserve natural resources wherever possible
- Continuously work to improve our internal safety, health and environmental management system
- Treat risk management controls, including safety, health and environmental practices, as the direct responsibility of everyone working at Marley
- Establish procedures and operating philosophies to ensure that employees are able to perform their jobs properly and safely
Marley is dedicated to achieving the full integration of safety, health and environmental objectives into our operations. To ensure the ongoing effectiveness of our SHE Policy, an evaluation and review of the policy and its objectives will take place regularly to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to Marley Pipe Systems’ philosophy.