MEGATUFF FR Pipe is a robust, fire resistant HDPE pipe system for application in underground mines where fire safety is a concern.
Manufactured from heat resistant materials and a polymer compound coating, MEGATUFF FR Pipe significantly reduces the spread of flame in a fire. As a result of excellent intumescent properties, carbonaceous char forms on the product after being exposed to flames which effectively protects the pipe and its contents from ignition and contributes to the reflection of heat.
Marley Pipe Systems’ extensive offering for the mining industry has positioned us as one of the leading HDPE pipe suppliers in Africa.
Extensive Test Programme
The MEGATUFF FR Pipe system has undergone extensive tests to ensure its safety for use in a multitude of applications where fire hazards are a concern.
These tests include:
- Test to prove the compound is non-permeable in underground applications
- Test to prove robustness in extreme conditions
- Weld-ability test
- UV protection for the compound for 6-8 months
- Fire tunnel test
- UL 214 test
- UL 94 tests
- UL test
Features & Benefits of MEGATUFF FR Pipe
- Available in sizes from 50mm to 355mm
- Flame retardant pipe
- 50 year design life
- Good chemical resistance
- Rapid installation
- Reduced pump costs as a result of the low friction factor of HDPE
- Excellent impact resistance
- Suitable for backfill operations
- Piping can be used continuously or as a firebreak